SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 24

User Tag List

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Another bug? no way!!...

Higor, all due respect, Most do not care about the details you just spouted. The response is like "....um cool story, is it fixed?" Most do not even know what all that means and no one cares about the inner workings most of the time. You keep adding and changing things to make it complex to a ridiculous point that I don't think you can ever make it bug free.

Each release feels like one bug has been exchanged with another bug to ruin the gaming experience in a really interfering manner.

up the hyper leecher build time.!!!!!!
    1-2 sec is just ridiculous.

O ho ho, somebody experienced the "year old" balance change of the Hyper Leecher.
    Faster build time gives an attacker/defender a way to quickly wipe out all kinds of explosives (including mines), it needs to be used more tbh.

======
    From my point of view, the main build is in playable state.
    So the next project, is the serverside complimentary native package. (@SAM knows the details).
    This package will work in the same fashion ServerCrashFix works, but hooking Siege instead of Engine.

Main goals:
    - Use NativeReplication to reduce CPU load on replication checks and further filter the data players receive (example: not receiving updates on enemy RU).
    - Do runtime hooks on some unrealscript functions to reduce CPU usage or fix serverside bugs. (the build bug can be fixed here without a new siege release).
    - Maybe use NativeReplication/hooks on the Player classes to improve performance as well.

By drastically reducing the CPU times the server's player count or tickrate can safely increase.
    And the client will notice no difference nor have to download a new file.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

@Higor

Another siege feature(RU):

100% intended.
    Noobs, griefers and other disruptive elements shouldn't directly be able to hurt the team that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    @Higor

Another siege feature(RU):
    That's an overage which means it will be dissipated to team members who can carry RU. Therefore people who remove, their impact is less because the RU is given back to the Team. Same with people who run around full capacity, RU generated by core which otherwise would have been lost now gets handed to team members with capacity to carry the RU.
    Last edited by SAM; 04-06-2016 at 06:20 PM.

It didn't do what I'm used to seeing, it just completely froze(instead of going to the max), and it stayed over for about a minute, I even upgraded stuff and it was still over the limit(-upgrade cost) and not reducing like it normally does. That's the only reason I reported it, it seemed out of the ordinary.

I did go up to about 7000ru after a double amp nuke kill, I guess that was why it took so long to reduce, losing over 3k ru on top of what other players lost in the team.

Also what's with these idiots who make invisibility and then a shield belt? It's quite funny watching them move around thinking no one can see them.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Also what's with these idiots who make invisibility and then a shield belt? It's quite funny watching them move around thinking no one can see them.
    another bug thats reappeared @Higor

this isnt supposed to happen whichever order you take invis+belt

Hahahah proper sneaking around just walking into base safely assuming that they are invisible

Are you boobs all playing on low detail mode?
    I'll think of a serverside fix to this problem... maybe forcing a channel close on all players for the ShieldBelt effect if the player has the 'invisibility' texture on.

Thread Information